Street Head is on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and is surrounded by excellent walking country, yet is ideally situated for rail, motorway or air travel. The local railway station provides easy access to Leeds, York, Bradford, Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, and the Settle-Carlisle Railway. There is excellent walking from the front door.
We are ideally situated for travel, whether it is by rail, road or air. Both Manchester and Leeds-Bradford airports are within easy reach, yet the cottage is surrounded by green hilled farmland with breathtaking open views extending across the counties of north and west Yorkshire, Lancashire and as far as Cumbria on a clear day.
Street Head stands alone but is not remote.
Directions to Street Head Farm
From the South:
- Heading north on A1 or M1, take M62 West, then M606 to Bradford.
- At the end of the M606 follow Ring Road signs for Keighley and Skipton, and follow the A650 to Keighley.
- After Keighley, follow the A629 towards Skipton.
- Take the 2nd exit at the Kildwick roundabout. This will take you up a road with speed ramps into Cross Hills. Go right, and through Cross Hills on the Colne road.
- After 2 pelican crossings turn right at the police station towards Lothersdale.
- Stay on this road for approximately 2 miles.
- At the cross- roads (left to Lothersdale, right to Cononley) go straight across towards Elslack.
Climb the hill, and Tow Top is the first farm on the right after a sharp bend. (There is a small, fenced-off garden at the top of the drive)
From M6, M65:
- Follow the signs to Keighley.
- Take the Colne - Keighley road (A6068) to Glusburn and Cross Hills.
- Soon after the mill and school on the right, turn left at the police station, towards Lothersdale, and follow the directions as above.
- Street Head is three gateways on the right, up the road from Tow Top. (A metal gate, which is often open)
- Follow the signs for Carleton-in-Craven.
- In Carleton, take the narrow road opposite ‘The Swan’, where there is a 3-storey building on the corner.
- Follow this road, climbing uphill all the way, to a T-junction at the top.
- Turn left and travel for approximately ¾ of a mile.
- Tow Top is on the left with a small fenced-off garden at the roadside.
- Swing over into the lay-by on the right before turning left, as it is a tight turn!
- For those arriving later, Street Head is the second gateway on the left after the T junction. Drive through the field and Street Head is immediately in front of you, overlooking the valley.
Sat Nav Postcode: BD20 8HY
View Larger Map